If you suffer from a sore, red, and inflamed nose, you may be suffering from nasal vestibulitis. This condition is also sometimes called rhinophyma, and can be quite painful. In this article, we’ll discuss what nasal vestibulitis is, what causes it, and how to treat it effectively. We’ll also offer some tips on preventing this condition from occurring in the first place.
What is Nasal Vestibulitis?
It is an inflammation of the mucous membranes lining the inner part of the nose, called the nasal vestibule. The most common cause of this condition is Staphylococcus aureus, a type of bacteria that commonly lives on the skin and in the nose. Other causes include other types of bacteria, viruses, or fungi.
Some of the common symptoms of nasal vestibulitis include pain, redness, and swelling in the affected area. The condition can also cause crusting and bleeding from the nose. In some cases, people with this bacterial infection may also have a fever or other signs of illness.
How to Treat Nasal Vestibulitis
Nasal vestibulitis is a painful inflammation of the tissue lining the nose. It is most often caused by infection, but can also be caused by allergies or injury. Treatment focuses on relieving symptoms and healing the inflamed tissue.
Medical treatment for nasal vestibulitis usually includes a combination of antibiotics and corticosteroids. Antibiotics are used to treat any infection that may be present, while corticosteroids help to reduce inflammation. In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove any foreign objects or damaged tissue.
Home Remedies for Nasal Vestibulitis
There are several home remedies that can be used to help treat nasal vestibulitis and relieve its symptoms. These include applying a warm compress to the affected area, using saline nasal spray, and avoiding irritants such as smoke and pollutants. Additionally, it is important to keep the area clean and dry to prevent further irritation.
Prevention of Nasal Vestibulitis
This is a common condition that can be caused by a variety of factors. However, there are several things you can do to help prevent this condition from developing.
Here are some tips for preventing nasal vestibulitis:
- Avoid picking or rubbing your nose. This can irritate the delicate skin in the nasal area and lead to inflammation.
- Keep your nose clean. Regularly clean your nostrils with a saline solution or gentle cleanser to remove any irritants or allergens that could cause inflammation.
- Use a humidifier. Dry air can contribute to nasal dryness and irritation, so using a humidifier in your home or office can help keep the air moist and prevent inflammation.
- Avoid blowing your nose too hard. When you blow your nose, be gentle to avoid irritating the delicate skin around your nostrils.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors. Ultraviolet light from the sun can damage the skin in the nasal area and lead to inflammation. Wearing sunglasses when you’re outdoors can help protect your skin from UV damage.
The Bottom Line on treating Nasal Vestibulitis…
Nasal vestibulitis is a painful condition that can be caused by a number of different things. However, there are treatments like Vitastem Ultra available that can help to ease the pain and discomfort of this condition. With the proper treatment, this infection can be effectively managed.
If you or a loved one is suffering from infection, ask your doctor if Vitastem Ultra can be a good fit for you to safely treat your infection, so you can heal the condition quick & easy, and get back to living your life fully once again.