If you’re one of the many people suffering from carbuncles, you’re probably looking for ways to get rid of them fast. Carbuncles are large, painful bumps that can form under the skin, and they can be difficult to treat. In this article, we’ll cover what they are, their common causes, how to get rid of them, the best treatment to consider, and how to prevent them from coming back again.
What are Carbuncles?
They are pus-filled bumps that form under the skin and are usually red or purple and can be very painful. Carbuncles often occur in groups, and they can spread to other parts of the body.
There are two types of carbuncles:
- Furuncles: These are also called boils. They are small, round, and deep-seated. They commonly occur on the face, neck, buttocks, and thighs.
- Carbuncles: This is a large furuncle that is made up of several smaller furuncles that have joined together. Carbuncles most often occur on the back or chest but can also be found on the face, neck, buttocks, and thighs.
Carbuncles are caused by a bacterial infection of the hair follicles. The bacteria that cause carbuncles are usually Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). S. aureus is a type of bacteria that is commonly found on the skin and in the nose of healthy people. When this bacteria gets into the hair follicles, it can cause an infection. Carbuncles may also be caused by other types of bacteria, such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa (P. aeruginosa) or Streptococcus pyogenes (S. pyogenes).
How to Get Rid of Carbuncles
There are a few things that you can do at home to help treat carbuncles and speed up the healing process:
- Apply a warm compress to the affected area for 20 minutes several times a day. This will help draw out the pus and promote healing.
- Soak the affected area in warm Epsom salt baths for 10-15 minutes several times a day. This will help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder and water and apply it to the carbuncle. Turmeric has natural antibacterial properties that can help fight infection.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water, to keep your body hydrated and promote healing.
Available Medical Treatments
If home remedies don’t improve carbuncles or they become large or painful, you may need to consider opting for a medical treatment from a doctor or dermatologist.
Some of these carbuncle treatment options may include:
Antibiotics: These can be taken orally or applied directly to the skin with a top-rated OTC topical antibiotic like Vitastem Ultra in order to kill the bacteria causing the infection. Oral antibiotics are usually prescribed for larger or more painful carbuncles. However, oral antibiotics can have side effects and hurt your kidneys and/or other organs too. Vitastem Ultra is a much safer and more effective option for treating carbuncles.
Drainage: In some cases, your doctor may need to drain the pus from the carbuncle using a needle or scalpel. This is usually done in an outpatient setting under local anesthesia.
Corticosteroid injections: These can be given to reduce inflammation and pain around the carbuncle site.
Tips to Prevent Carbuncles
One of the best ways to prevent carbuncles is to practice good hygiene. This means keeping your skin clean and free of dirt and bacteria. You should wash your face twice a day with a mild soap or cleanser. Be sure to rinse all the soap off your skin completely. You should also avoid touching your face with dirty hands.
Another way to prevent carbuncles is to live a healthy lifestyle. This means eating a balanced diet, getting regular exercise, and getting enough sleep. It’s also important to manage stress in a healthy way. If you’re prone to carbuncles, you may need to take extra care to avoid triggers like excessive heat or sweating.
The Bottom Line on Dealing with Carbuncles…
If you’re dealing with carbuncles, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them fast. First, try some home remedies like warm compress or soaking the area in salt water. If those don’t work, see a doctor for medical treatments like antibiotics or you should consider an over-the-counter (OTC) topical antibiotic like Vitastem Ultra which can show results in under 24 hours. Finally, take some preventative measures to stop carbuncles from coming back by practicing good hygiene and living a healthy lifestyle.